With the number of horribly wrong things that we unconsciously do on a daily, imagine we had a wall of bad ideas. A constant reminder of things that have a high probability of not turning out right.
In the middle of hustle and bustle we might not have the time to think everything through, in the heat of the moment our brains are wired to close in only on the current and lose sight of the bigger picture, a glance at the “wall of bad ideas” could act like a daily anchor or guide through life.
Here are some things we think could be engraved on such a wall.
1. Easy ways to make money/ get rich quick schemes. Chances are you’ll end up playing yourself
2. Assuming/believing that meritocracy is a hoax. This one is both self- destructive and societal destructive.
3. Playing Victim all the Time. You should catch and stop yourself every time you feel tempted to go down this road, it’s for the most part nothing but self-sabotage.
4. Ignoring red flags and danger signs. Jobs, Relationships, projects, never worked because caution was thrown to the wind.
5. Being Complacent. No one ever knows it all so when you stop learning, you start dying.
6. Living based on assumptions. You’ll be playing a lost game most of the times.
7. Having no concrete plan for your life. Going with the direction of the wind will get you everywhere and nowhere.
8. Taking everything too personal. If your emotions are easily triggered, you’re easily controlled.
9. Religious fanaticism. Aside the dogmatic mentally retarding Nature of religion, the world isn’t exactly religious. Trying to religiously fanaticize everything won’t work for well for an ordinary, powerless person.
10. Trying to build a fortune by “saving” money. Just like 5 ÷ 2, it cannot go.
11. Thrashing school and education. Simply because our educational system missed the point doesn’t invalidate the role of school and education.
12. Quitting all else to follow a passion (music, dance, writing). This one is on the list of top 10 ways to get depressed.
13. Being loud on things you have no mastery on. A great way to make a fool of yourself.
14. Self- delusion, pretending to be what you are not. You can only get so far before life catches up with you.
As we draw closer to that time where everyone sets goals, makes resolutions and draws plans we highly recommend you make a personal wall of bad ideas.
Things that from your experience have never worked out well for you. That way when the RAM based conscious mind runs your daily life, you keep sight of what to avoid, and increase your chances of success at every endeavour.