The General Delegation for National Security (DGSN) has announced July 1 as the new date to commence production of the Cameroonian biometric passports, which will be delivered within 48 hours of the applicant’s submission.
In September last year, a deal was sealed with INCM-Augentic for the production of a modern travel document that meets international standards. AUGENTIC is a German company that specializes in Identity, Identity Solutions, Digital Currency, CBDC, Biometrics, and Biometric Technologies. The contract was signed for a ten year period.
As part of the project to improve efficiency in the production of passports in Cameroon, a new National Center for the production of passports has been constructed in Yaounde. This new structure however will not be the only place where passport applications and pickups will be done but will rather serve as an additional facility to those that already existed. Information on the DGSN website says that citizens will also be able to get their passports processed at the Regional Delegations of Immigration Police as well as at the General Delegation for National Security (DGSN)
There are three phases to obtaining the new biometric passport (pre-Registration and Physical Enrollment)
Phase One (Pre Registration):
- Login to the pre-registration site www.passcam.cm
- Choose your pre-registration language (English or French). Select the “Start pre-registration” button. Enter your email address or phone number in the required location on the site and click on “Submit”.
- After validation, you will receive a code by SMS or email on your phone number or on your email address.
- The system asks you to enter the code received and validate it at the location indicated on the site.
- Select the “New application” tab. An information sheet opens with mandatory and non-mandatory fields (spaces) that you are asked to fill in.
- After completing your form, you will be directed to the payment procedure
- You choose your payment method (Yoomee, MTN Mobile Money, Orange Money, Express Union, Credit Card).
- At the end of the payment procedure, an appointment window will appear. Choose the place and date of enrollment and validate.
- At the end of this validation, the system generates an information sheet as a PDF file that you should print out and bring with you on the day of your physical enrollment together with the certified supporting documents with their originals.
Phase Two ( Physical Enrollment):
- You go to the enrollment centre on the chosen day with your information sheet, your certified supporting documents and their originals.
- The police officers assigned to this task will proceed to : – check your physical file; open your file submitted online; take your parameters (photo, fingerprints, signature, height); scan your supporting documents; print your identification form
- You are asked to check and approve your complete identification form
- You will receive a receipt proving you have submitted your passport application.
- If there are no rejections, your document is produced within 48 hours. If your file is rejected, you will be informed by sms or e-mail and instructed on further procedures.
Phase Three (Pickup):
Once the passport is available at your physical enrollment centre, you are notified by SMS or email. Verification of your identity and collection of your document only at your physical enrollment centre. The passport can be collected by a third party, with a power of attorney from the applicant, duly legalized by the competent authorities.
NB: Six months after production, the passport is returned to the Direction de la Police des Frontières if not collected.
Passport Cost: 110,000 XAF
Passport Validity: 5 Years
More Photos of newly constructed Cameroon National Center for the production of Passports.